Permanent Magnet Motors
New Technologies produces permanent magnet motors in 117 mm size (460 series). Permanent magnet electrical motors are intended to drive screw pumps - at rotation speed up to 1,500 rpm and centrifugal pumps – at rotation speed to 4,200 rpm. Rotation frequency is adjustable in the range from 500 to 4,200 rpm.
Poles of the rotor are formed by permanent magnets made of rare earth materials alloys. Rotor construction is IPM (Interior Permanent Magnet) type. Permanent magnets are installed inside the electrotechnical steel rotor section.
The number of poles in Permanent Magnet motor is dependent on the number of magnets located in the cross-section of the rotor section.
Permanent Magnet Motors are characterized with a high level of standardization in line with induction motors owing to application of components and materials used in induction electrical motors.
Power supply and control of permanent magnet motors operation is performed by VSDs controller with a cryptic rotor positioning gauge based on a certain algorithm. Rotation frequency and shaft power at permanent magnet electrical motors directly depends on the frequency of current produced by surface equipment.
Well fluid temperature, °F/°C
248 / 120
|High-temperature model||302 / 150|
|Very high-temperature model||338 / 170|
Well fluid solids content
(7 on the Mohs scale), g/l
|up to 1,0|
|Hydrostatic pressure at pump setting depth, Atm, not higher||
|H2S content, g/l|
|Standard model||до 0,01|
|Corrosion-abrasive resistant model||до 1,25|
Advantages and design features
- High efficiency and electrical power factors;
- Overall length and weight are 40% less with identical capacity;
- Reduced heat output;
- Due to operational current decrease - less losses in the cable line, variable speed drive and three-phase oil transformers;
- Due to shorter length - ESP operation in highly deviated and horizontal wells is possible;
- Adjustable frequency range at constant shaft torque;
- Considerably increased motor capacity in one-sectional design;
- Reduced power consumption.