Downhole monitoring systems
ensure sustained real-time monitoring of all practically required downhole parameters of electrical submersible pump (ESP) system, such as pump intake pressure and temperature, motor oil/winding temperature, motor vibrations, current leakage, and pump discharge pressure, as well as up to 24 optional parameters depending on additional equipment used with the sensor (i.e. anti-scaling electromagnetic unit, motor rotation frequency measuring unit, etc.)
Data provided by DMS helps to protect ESP, increase its run life, and optimize oil production process.
High reliability of the downhole monitoring system is ensured by two standalone electronic modules inside the downhole sensor: the main one being operating, whereas the standby one is off. Should the main module fail, the system can switch over to the standby module, either by the operator’s command or automatically, assuring trouble-free operation of the system.
Advantages and design features
- Double redundant design and hi-rel components;
- Accurate monitoring;
- Internal protection against overvoltage up to 4000 V at ground failure in the power line or ESP cable; Reliable data provision even at motor Y-point voltage increase up to 1000 V and at ESP cable insulation resistance decrease down to 10 kOhm;
- Wide DH pressure range up to 8700 psi;
- Compatible with any drive and SCADA systems using MODBUS communication protocol;
- Compatible with induction and permanent magnet motors;
- Any flange / thread mechanical connections;
- Customized motor adapters;
- Easy installation.